Weekend in the Alps 2023
Alpine Road Cycling Weekend - French Alps
Join us for an alpine weekend of Road Cycling to get your fix of famous cols in the French Alps with the Alpcycles team. A perfect Weekend package of riding in the French Alps to make the most of your time in the mountains.
Our experienced team will ensure that you get the best out of your 3 days riding with rides of 100 – 120km per day and multiple cols daily. The daily rides are fully guided & van supported throughout.Then relax off the bike with 4 nights in our family run hotel in Brides les Bains with cyclists breakfast & plenty of great food every night.......and a little splash of wine of course.
Weekend in the Alps 2023:
There is no weekend currently scheduled. Please register your interest if you are looking for something in June or check our our Big Cols Training Camps page for the exceptional week planned in September 2023
Please contact Shelley at firstname.lastname@example.org to book or sign up to our newsletter (right) for the latest information
Alpcycles French Alps Weekend:
- 2 Alpcycles bidons
- The Alpcycles team to make your stay perfect both on and off the road for 3 days of stunning riding
- GPS Maps of the routes for our riders
- Rolling support on the road
- Exclusive Alpcycles VIP feed stops/gazebo out on the roads with home made refreshments
- Mechanical staff & logistical whizzes to support our riders
- Hotel accommodation at Hotels Les Chalets, Brides les Bains - 2 nights B&B, 2 nights Half Board
- Heated outdoor pool, health suite with jacuzzi, steamroom & sauna, bar & restaurant.
- Twin share or single room options (supplement payable) and perfect for non-riding partners (book early for single room availability)
- The knowledge, enthusiasm and support of the Alpcycles team throughout your stay to ensure you have the best experience ever….so if anything else needs thinking of, we have probably already have.
- Allocated Airport: Geneva International - GVA with access to our scheduled airport transfer at set times (please check times before you book flights)
What's not included in our package:
- Your flights
- Travel Insurance for you and your bike
- Drinks with hotel meals (unless stated) and anything not outlined above
The itinerary has not yet been set but below are the unmissable possibilities for the Weekend in the Alps Package:
Col de la Loze: The "new kid in town".........since it's arrival this "car free" col created for cyclists has whipped up a storm. It has become one of the Tour de France's sweethearts practially overnight, and there is good reason for that. It winds and kicks up with some attitude, but when you reach the col the rewardes are unforgettable.
Cormet de Roseland: from the Beaufort side, leaving from Brides les Bains and looping right back round. This is a big 120km day and will end with riding back up to the chalet on the Courchevel climb, if everyone is feeling good
Col de la Madeleine: regularly climbed by the Tour de France as it is such a classic challenge. Named the "Serpentine of the Alps" this 26km climb is a real challenge and on a clear day the views across to Mont Blanc are well worth the climb.
Col de Petit St Bernard: peaking on the Italian border. It cruises up nicely and everyone loves it. Pop over the border and grab an Italian coffee….get some pics of the amazing view and then enjoy what all our guests have said is "the best, most fun descent" they have done…..a lovely flowing, cruising road back down to Bourg St Maurice.
Bespoke packages are available for our Weekend Packages. Please get in touch if you have a group of riders who would like to ride the Alps Weekend on another date and we can put a bespoke package together for you. Talk the Shelley at email@example.com.
Your home for the weekend will be one of our favourite hotels situated in Brides Les Bains, Hotel Les Chalets. Aude and the team at this family run, relaxed hotel have been looking after Alpcycles guests for many years now. The hotel has a heated outdoor pool, Health Suite with jacuzzi, sauna & steam room (open from 5pm daily and all included in your stay). **Sports massages can be arranged for our guests at an additional cost. There is also a restaurant where guests will eat on 3 of the nights and a bar.
Brides les Bains has a great selection of cafes, bars, shops and restaurants for when you are chilling off the bike too.
Non-riding partners: If you have a non-rider who would like to travel with you, Brides les Bains is a perfect location for hiking (we can reccomend many great trails) and relaxing. Please just ask if you would like to travel with a non-riding friend or partner and we can chat further.