Check out the "Before you leave.....what to pack" section at the foot of the page for some very useful info.
What's included in our packages:
- Transfers from/to the NAMED AIRPORT* at specified pick up times. Please check before booking flights as our scheduled pick up/drop off times are set, so your flights need to fit with them to access these.
- Handpicked alpine accommodation in the best locations.
- Rooms are twin share en suite and include all linen & towels.
- Kit washes on each package (frequency is dependant on the package you are on, please check for details)
- Halfboard catered stay with us for Weekend trips, including Breakfast, post ride afternoon tea of a selection of the following: of pasta/bread/cakes/tea and 2 course evening meal with wine all 4 nights.
- Halfboard catered stay with us for Weeklong trips, including Breakfast, post ride afternoon tea of some of the following: pasta/bread/cakes/tea and 2 course evening meal with wine on 6 nights (just 1 chalet night off)
- Fully guided and van supported road cycling with high guide to guest ratios.
- Feed stations out on the road with cereal bars, snacks, water etc and sandwiches on big days
- Secure storage for your bike
- Work area with bike stands, track pumps, tools etc.
- The support, passion & professional experience of the alpcycles.com team, the most experienced team in this part of the French Alps!!!!
What's not included in our packages:
- Your flights and transportation of your bike bag/box
- Your personal/holiday insurance (see below)
- Insurance for your bike (see below)
- Dinner and lunch on 1 of the days if you are booked on a weeklong package
- Single Room Supplement....if you wish to secure a Single room please contact us
La Marmotte and Maratona dles Dolomites Events:
- As Alpcycles.com are Official Tour Operators for both La Marmotte and noe Maratona dles Dolomites both of these packages also include your GUARANTEED ENTRY to the event. So there is no need to worry about catching any entry deadlines on the official websites…..it's all done!!!
- All of our packages include scheduled airport transfers from NAMED AIPORTS and at SCHEDULED TIMES. You need to check on your booking confirmation form to confirm the NAMED AIRPORT and the SCHEDULED TIME for the pick up time on arrival day and the drop off time on departure day. Your flights you book must fit these times otherwise you will need to make alternative arrangements to get to or from the chalet.
Insurance (for you and your bike):
- Please be sure to read our Booking Conditions regarding insurance (below)
- You are responsible for making sure both you and your bike are insured for your trip.
- You must be sure that you have adequate insurance to cover your holiday, travel, personal injury and liability of others (if you caused an accident) and the cover of your bike against damage or theft.
- We recommend the following companies:
- Sportscoverdirect: Insurance for a whole range of sporting holidays and activities
- Velosure: Annual Insurance policies to cover your bike
Bike Box Hire:
- If you need to hire a bike box we highly recommend the services of Bike Box Online
- They now have 3 hubs in Winsor (Sam or Nick) Bristol (Hana) and York (Dave) and offer a range of services and great customer care.
- Alpcycles.com guests can have a £5 discount (just ask for the promotional code when you book your trip with us)
Before you leave…packing and a few other bits:
Here is a short list to think about when you are packing. It does not include the obvious things (toothbrush, bibbed shorts…you know the rest) but is to give you a few useful reminders. Please just drop me a line if you want to check anything at all.
- An up to date EHICC (was E111) for UK visitors. If travelling from outside the UK please check the medical travel documents or any VISA documents required for your trip
- Please, please make sure that your bike is in GOOD WORKING ORDER before you come. Check tyres & brakes (remember you are descending on alpine switchback roads) and general condition etc. If you put it in for a service before you come be sure to go for a spin at least once before you pack it up, just to be sure everything is spot on.
- Clothing/What to bring: Even when the sun is shinning it can still be chilly "up top" and the weather can change quickly too in the mountains. Please also be sure to bring a cold/wet weather jacket, gloves, arm & leg warmers etc. Our support vans can carry your extra days it is needed so that it is in the right place for you.
- A mesh washing machine bag (useful for keeping your stuff together in the daily kit wash)
- Chamois cream
- Sun cream....due to the altitude and thinner air, the sun is actually stronger in the mountains so please be sure to bring some suncream with you.
- Energy powders (we don't supply these as they are too personal to every rider)
- Any specialist tools that are specific to your bike set-up and are unlikely to be in our toolbox.
- Please be sure that you read our Booking Conditions thoroughly and confirm that you have read them with us during the booking process.
- If you have any questions about them at all, just ask.