This page is designed to answer any questions you may have about our packages, from what we include in the price (pretty much everything you can think of really) to how to hire a bike box and what to pack before you leave…….BUT if I have missed anything, please just drop me your questions to Shelley email@example.com and I'll do my best to answer them.
Check out the "Before you leave.....what to pack" section at the foot of the page for some very useful info.
What's included in our packages:
- Handpicked alpine accommodation in the best locations.
- Rooms are twin share en suite and include all linen & towels.
- Kit washes on each package (frequency is dependent on the package you are on, please check for details)
- Halfboard catered hotels/chalets and accommodation
- Moving of guests luggage between hotels (if required for route or event)
- Fully guided & van supported road cycling with top class guides & resort
- Feed stations out on the road with home made refreshments, snacks, water......and more
- Secure storage for your bike
- Work area with bike stands, track pumps, tools etc and mechanically experienced staff team throughout
- The support, passion & professional experience of the Alpcycles team........#goodvibesonly
What's not included in our packages:
- Your flights and transportation of your bike bag/box
- Your personal/holiday insurance (see below)
- Insurance for your bike (see below)
- Dinner and lunch on 1 of the days if you are booked on a week long package
- Single Room Supplement....if you wish to secure a Single room please contact us
- As Alpcycles are Official Tour Operators for La Marmotte, Maraton dles Dolomites - Enel, The Haute Route Events, Tour de Mont Blanc and Ride Across Portugal these packages can also include your GUARANTEED ENTRY to the event. So there is no need to worry about catching any entry deadlines on the official websites…..it's all done!!!
Insurance (for you and your bike):
- Please be sure to read our Booking Conditions regarding insurance (below)
- You are responsible for making sure both you and your bike are insured for your trip.
- You must be sure that you have adequate insurance to cover your holiday, travel, personal injury and liability of others (if you caused an accident) and the cover of your bike against damage or theft.
- We recommend the following companies:
- Sportscoverdirect: Insurance for a whole range of sporting holidays and activities
- Velosure: Annual Insurance policies to cover your bike
Bike Box Hire:
- If you need to hire a bike box we highly recommend the services of Bike Box Online
- They now have 3 hubs in Winsor (Sam or Nick) Bristol (Hana) and York (Dave) and offer a range of services and great customer care.
- Alpcycles.com guests can have a £5 discount (just ask for the promotional code when you book your trip with us)
Before you leave…packing and a few other bits:
Here is a short list to think about when you are packing. It does not include the obvious things (toothbrush, bibbed shorts…you know the rest) but is to give you a few useful reminders. Please just drop me a line if you want to check anything at all.
- An up to date EHICC (was E111) for UK visitors. If travelling from outside the UK please check the medical travel documents or any VISA documents required for your trip
- Please, please make sure that your bike is in GOOD WORKING ORDER before you come. Check tyres & brakes (remember you are descending on alpine switchback roads) and general condition etc. If you put it in for a service before you come be sure to go for a spin at least once before you pack it up, just to be sure everything is spot on.
- Clothing/What to bring: Even when the sun is shinning it can still be chilly "up top" and the weather can change quickly too in the mountains. Please also be sure to bring a cold/wet weather jacket, gloves, arm & leg warmers etc. Our support vans can carry your extra days it is needed so that it is in the right place for you.
- A mesh washing machine bag (useful for keeping your stuff together in the daily kit wash)
- Chamois cream
- Sun cream....due to the altitude and thinner air, the sun is actually stronger in the mountains so please be sure to bring some suncream with you.
- Energy powders (we don't supply these as they are too personal to every rider)
- Any specialist tools that are specific to your bike set-up and are unlikely to be in our toolbox.