Road Cycling Training Camps & Weeks 2024
Big Cols Road Cycling 2024 - France, Switzerland & Italy
Big Cols 2023 was an epic, challenging & memorable week on the road and took our riders through France, Switzerland & Italy....in one week!
From our main base in the French Alps you will get to ride stunning local climbs followed by 3 nights taking on the Tour de Mont Blanc cycling route. An unforgettable experience following the classic route through 3 countries in 3 days, tackling legendary climbs all under the watchful eye of the majestic Mont Blanc
The week is designed to optimize your enjoyment of your time in the mountains......good old fashioned riding with great company. We support you across some of the most iconic climbs in stunning areas, coupled with a friendly atmosphere. Think: great cyclist breakfasts, 9am roll-outs, van supported routes with rolling feedstations and chilled dinners with like minded cyclists. Mates, sole travellers and small groups are all welcome.
French Alps & Tour de Mont Blanc Loop - September dates to be confirmed
Full Package = € - TBC per person
Single Room Supplement* =€ - TBC per person
*Single rooms are subject to availability and carry a supplement to secure. Please contact Shelley at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to reserve your place.
Whats included in your travel package:
- Complete Accommodation & Logistics Package with the Alpcycles team
- Access to airport transfers at set times - Geneva International Airport (please check scheduled times when they are released)
- Cyclist friendly hotels in spectacuar locations
- Twin share ensuite rooms
- Single supplement on request (subject to availability and additional cost)
- Use of Wellness Centre with jacuzzi, sauna & steamroom in our Brides hotel (start and finish hotel)
- Cyclists breakfast everyday
- Half Board x 5 nights and B&B x 2 nights
- Moving luggage daily during the TDMB route days
- Supported rolling van support & guides out on the routes
- Alpcycles feed stations out on the road with water/refreshments, homemade snacks flapjacks & cakes, picnics on long ride days
- Day Bag Service: your own bottles/nutrition/clothing out on the route
- Secure storage for your bike
- Work area with bike stands, track pumps, tools and mechanically experienced staff team
- Concierge style service with support, passion & professional experience of the alpcycles.com team
What's not included in the package:
- Your flights
- Bike hire if required
- Travel & personal insurance for you and your bike
- Lunches and drinks/snacks outside of those outlined above in the itinerary.
Big Cols Tour de Mont Blanc - France, Switzerland & Italy - Itinerary 2024
- #1 Arrival Day. Guests will be collected from Geneva Airport (GVA) at a set time** and transported to our hotel in Brides les Bains. Bike build & legs spin this afternoon
- #2 - Starting with some local gems in the Vanoise National Park and finishing with the Col de la Loze, a stunning car free pass.
- #3 - After breakfast we will leave Brides les Bains this morning to ride to Chamonix. Tonight we will stay in Chamonix
- #4 - Depart from Chamonix over the Col des Montets into Switzerland followed by Col de Forclaz and finishing on Champex-Lac.
- #5 - Leaving Champex-Lac today we take in the Grand St Bernard into Italy and the Aoste Valley. The day finishes with a climb to La Thuile where we will stay this evening.
- #6 - After breakfast we head out of La Thuile and over the Petit St Bernard back into France. The Cormet du Roseland is the last of our classic climbs today before finishing in Brides les Bains.
- #7 - A more relaxed las day as we hit the road one final time for a recovery ride and a well deserved chill in the hotel Wellness Centre late afternoon for those that fancy it, before your final evening with us.
- #8 - Depart for Geneva Airport (GVA) at a set time** after breakfast.
**Please contact Shelley for the scheduled transfer times incoming and outgoing before you book any flights or if you have any questions at all and would like to reserve your place on this package.
From arrival to departure, you can be sure to have an unforgettable ride with the Alpcycles team: Everything from route planning, on the road support with "real food" home made goodies and knowledgeable guides to comfortable hotels & great food. You just need to eat - sleep - ride - repeat.....but most of all "enjoy"
Our hotels are hand-picked and chosen for their location and services. We have worked with our hotel owners for many years and we know that they do a fantastic job of looking after our riders.....from comfy beds to fantastic local food.
- Sun 10/09 & Mon 11/09 then again Fri 15/09 & Sat 16/09 (4 nights) - Hotel les Chalets, Brides les Bains: One of our favourite family run hotels. Aude and her team do a fantasic job looking after our gests with a friendly & relaxed serve. The hotel has an outdoor heated pool & Wellness Centre (opens 5pm daily) available to our guests.
- Tue 12/09 - Hotel in Chamonix to be confirmed
- Weds 13/09 - Hotel in Champex-Lac to be confirmed
- Thurs 14/09 - Hotel in La Thuile to be confirmed